Free Pattern: Four Knaves and Kansas Beauty

Vintage blocks are the basis of much of my work. We featured them all the time when I was with Quilt Magazine. They have so much character and I'm sure you'll agree as you see them in a few different fabric collections. These were done for Blank Fabrics in 2009 and I taught these in a workshop around that time, too!


Four Knaves is the pieced block; Kansas Beauty is the appliqué block. My students were supplied with kits to make these 3 block runners. The Sweet Roses Collection also came in pinks. I found a similar set of fabrics for my students.


And also in browns. These are digital images, but the fabrics really are awesome!


I designed a full size quilt for Blank using these two blocks. Here are the two colorways that the FREE pattern has. First the blue.

Sweet Roses: 70" x 84". 12" blocks

Now the pink:

Sweet Roses: 70" x 84". 12" blocks

Click the links for the FREE PATTERN. It's 70" x 84". Make a few blocks; make them all. Check it out!

Comments

  1. I am fascinated by how different the Knaves block looks in the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com