Christmas in July: Day Two

Thanks for stopping back in! I have more with that Festive Season collection. Remember that group of half hexagons? I used them to make a strippy half-hexagon braid quilt, alternating with more of those cardinal panels. Had to get creative with the borders. It works, I think.

Half Hexagon Braid with Cardinal panels: 50" x 50"

It is still hanging in my closet awaiting the quilting. I hope to take it out, find a backing and finish it before Christmas. Then, I will give it to a friend or relative who is looking for a seasonal lap quilt. You can find my easy Half Hexagon Braid pattern in my Etsy store.

Then I took one of those fussy cut cardinals and half hexagons and created a large table topper. The outside patches are elongated half-hexagons.


I added the green 30 degree setting triangles to "square" it up and quilted it with gold metallic thread. (Hard to see here)


I took some scraps and photo window cards and created some sweet cards. What do you think?

Photo window card #1

Photo window card #2

Photo window card #3

You can find window cards (for use with photos) as your local Joann's, Michael's, and sometimes the Dollar Store. It only takes a small scrap of fabric and batting. I like to use my walking foot to sew a straight spiral stitch from the center out. It's easy to pop that into the center. I secure it using the double-sided tape.

I'll be back tomorrow with Day Three and one (or two) more quilts. It seems when I really love a fabric collection, I just keep sewing until I run out of fabric!

Comments