Animal Week: Day Five

Just a few more butterflies to finish up this week. Then I'll move on to fish and elephants and circus animals - and more! This butterfly quilt was made using my Cookie Cutter technique. This is raw edge appliqué and is constructed in half blocks. I made this almost 20 years ago using an Ana Griffin collection.

Romantic Butterflies: 38" x 40"

Then I have log cabin blocks that have morphed into butterflies. I used the Curvy Log Cabin ruler by Jean Ann Wright to make these. The blocks are 6" square. Three log cabin blocks plus a plain square morph into a butterfly. I loved making this quilt and I even made 18 more blocks that are sitting here, waiting for someone to buy them! Here's a single block.

Single Butterfly block: 12" x 12"

 Here's the quilt I made.

Sunshine Butterflies. 47" x 47"

And one made in brighter colors:

Sunshine Butterflies by the Quilting Divas Sewing Boutique

And, if you love the blocks and don't want to piece them, you can buy my 18 leftover blocks with 6 plain squares AND the ruler and pattern in my Etsy shop. Check it out!

18 Log Cabin blocks, 6 plain squares (enough for 6 Butterflies), ruler and pattern!

One more Oldie Goldie! This was made 20 years ago with a drunkard's path block construction. This was the first one that gave me the idea for the log cabin butterflies. Can you see the resemblance?

Drunkard's Path Butterflies

Comments