Animal Week: Day Six

OK. I'm going into another week, but I have more animals in quilts to share. Who keeps track of time, anyway, in this Covid-crazy life?

I found more birds. First, a rooster. This is a panel from a long ago fabric collection by Windham.

Blue rooster panel

Why did I tilt him? Well, because I could! The triangle is a half-rectangle which you can get with those Tri-Recs rulers. I have one set left in my Etsy store.

Here is the wall banner I made with some of the others. I gave it to a teaching friend who has a quilt shop in New Jersey call The Blue Hen. And we know how hens feel about roosters! I still have a few of these panels left. Will be fun to share them with my granddaughter who is interested in sewing (she's 7).


Here are some chickens that I made into an egg apron for my daughter's friend who has chickens! She loved it.


Then I pulled out some decorator fabric pieces I got several years ago from a local shop. What do you think of this? It is 100% cotton and is about 35" square! I'm going to use it on a quilt back. I also have it in blue. The brand is Duralee and sells for $67.50 a yard!!

Brown birds panel

Here are some birds from the Avignon Collection by Benartex. You've seen this before in my curvy window appliqué corners. I call this pattern the Photo Corners.

Photo corners featuring some lovely birds

Here's my Blue Bird of Happiness. I used this as a teaching sample when I taught beginning machine quilting classes.

Blue Bird of Happiness

And then something from 20 years ago. I used this as a class sample for when I taught about borders.

Doves and Hearts

I used the dove in this quilt designed for Kona Bay about 20 years ago.


I'm done with birds, though I'm sure I have several more quilts with them featured. Just goes to show you that when you sew for the camera for 29 years, you have a LOT of quilts!

Not sure where I'm going tomorrow, but it will be more animals. Stay tuned!

Comments