My Cloisonné Pillow

Did you download that pattern last week? I was digging through my closets, grabbing quilts for my 3 classes next week and came upon this lovely little pillow cover. I made it using that Cloisonné pattern. It's got to be at least 16 years old!

Cloisonné Pillow. 11-1/2" center block. 16" pillow (with flange)

I was using some Michael Miller Asian inspired prints from maybe 2005. I realized I could capture that cart of flowers in the center. Then I appliquéd it to a white/cream background square. Added those four triangles on the corners. Then a border. Then a flange and backing.

I found two more photos that show the template and fabrics. Here I have traced half of the template onto freezer paper. Then I can fold this in half and cut out the entire circle at once. (This photo is from 2020, but I just discovered it!)

Preparing Cloisonné template on freezer paper

I used it to audition what I wanted to capture in the center. THEN, I will transfer it to the navy fabric at the top of the the photo above. The Cloisonné shape will be the blue floral. The yellow and pink flowers will be the center. But, I changed my mind and moved on to another quilt!

Auditioning a center motif

Just giving you an idea of how to use that FREE June block. It's still available if you haven't gotten it yet.
 

Comments