Windham Wednesdays: Sneak Peek

Meadow Whispers is a beautiful collection of blues and yellows with a bit of pink thrown in for more smiles. There are 16 skus and they should currently be in your local quilt shop. I've had a fat quarter bundle for a few months and couldn't decide what to do with them (to do them justice!)

Meadow Whispers
Then I decided to revisit one of my patterns called Colorburst Squares. There are 3 blocks in the quilt and they all begin with stacks of squares. So, I cut two 10-1/2" squares from each fat quarter. (Not to worry; I will use the leftovers as my borders.)

Squares cut from Meadow Whispers
Here's the first set of 5 blocks. They were stacked and all cut at the same time (following my schematic). This is a Cobblestone Block, but much easier to piece using my method.

First set of 5 blocks
The next two sets of blocks are also cut from those squares. They will NOT be symmetrical as this Cobblestone block. Wait and see!

My Colorburst Squares pattern is not up in my Etsy shop yet (because I'm rewriting it). I first published it in 2007 using some batiks. It has been a workshop for a few years. Next week I'll reveal how it looks in this lovely quilter's cottons. See you then!

Comments

  1. i like the idea of a focus fabric in the center block. Intrigued to see final. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com