Sewing for the Hanukkah Holiday

December 10th is the first day of Hannukah (begins at sunset). You still have time to make some small gifts for your Jewish friends and relatives. I have made several quilt-y items over the years that feature Hanukkah fabric. First, the greeting cards:

Snowflake window greeting card with Hanukkah fabrics

Here is an English Paper Pieced block from Katja Marek's calendar. I'm going to make it into a coaster. This Hanukkah fabric is at least 15 years old!


Now for some recent items. You've seen these before. This is my Star of David Hanukkah Star.

Star of David table topper. NO y-seams! 24" x 28"

And my dreidel blocks made from the same collection:

Single Dreidel Block: 10" finished

And 3 blocks together. They may become a table runner or 3 little gift bags.

Raw edge appliqué

Here are my paper pieced dreidels, featured in Modern Patchwork Magazine, Holiday edition a few years ago:

Paper Pieced Dreidel gift bags

That's enough for today. I still have more ideas, so stay tuned!

Comments