Windham Wednesdays with Foxwood

You are going to love these fabrics! I was quite taken with them when they showed up at my door. "Let's see them," you say. Of course!

Foxwood by Windham Fabrics
I immediately fell in love with that sly fox. There are 3 colors with him/her. I chose the light background for the next photo. I remembered I had made a small hexagon wreath using 3/4" hexagons from the Artisan Cottons from Windham. (Artisan Cottons are shot cottons.) It was perfect.

My first audition
But he looked too crammed into that space. I turned it 90 degrees and liked it better!

Mr. Fox in the center of that vertical frame of hexagons
I pinned it and stitched it down using monofilament thread. I selected a background print and auditioned that. And a third print for the next round. Of what, you say? Oh, I don't know right now. It will come to me (I'm writing this on Sunday. I will listen to the fabrics tomorrow morning!)

The Sly Fox awaiting the rest of the quilt
That's as far as I've gotten. You will see this next week as I'm hoping to have English Paper Piecing (EPP) Week. I have a few other wreaths made with hexagons and other shapes and I think you'll like them. They are fun for capturing a motif in the center like a picture frame.

Comments

  1. Darling! Clearly I need some of this line! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com