Christmas in July, Day 4

It seems that I never make one version of any pattern I design. I always play with other fabrics to show how the pattern will look dressed in other "clothes." My Hexagon Wreath and Stars is just one of those patterns. I designed it for Creative Grids to showcase their multi-sized 60 degree triangle ruler. (I sell my own 8-1/2" ruler for quite a bit less!)

Here is the original blue and white quilt:

Hexagon Wreath and Stars: 39" x 43"
Don't panic! There are no y-seams anywhere. Honest! Let's see some of the parts using some Christmas novelty prints (little dancing mice). Each of these patches is cut using a standard acrylic ruler with the 60 degree lines (for the diamonds) and the 60 degree triangle ruler (which most of you already own). Below is one of the 6 units stitched for the center.

Hexagon Wreath and Stars unit
Then you sew them into sets of 3 for two halves. Can you see the stars forming?!!

Two halves of the quilt center
The halves stitched together (yes, the stars are colors in reverse of the original quilt; I had a LOT of leftovers!)
Quilt center using more leftover units
Let's see the whole quilt. This thing is SO Christmas-y!

Hexagon Wreath and Stars in novelty prints
I made this several years ago and finally got around to quilting it last week. Can I show you the back? This is a VERY old Christmas novelty print that I couldn't bear to cut up. It was just waiting for the perfect quilt to be put on the back. I love this! And so will a little child. I suggest you not use it for nap time - the kid won't go to sleep; he/she will be looking at all the fun things on the front AND back, right?

Hexagon Wreath and Stars quilt back
My 8 page pdf pattern is written for the blue and white quilt with information on how to make the one with novelty prints. Lots of illustrations for cutting all the shapes. There's even a coloring chart to plan your fabrics. And don't forget my 8-1/2" size 60 degree triangle ruler!

Comments