More Charity Quilt Finishes

I love taking my workshop and blog samples and getting them quilted (for free) by my quilt guild friend. I bind them and off they go to local charity groups. We donate hundreds of quilts each year and my 2 dozen or so is a drop in the bucket!

Here is the lineup for May/June. The first is a very pink, girlie quilt. The center block was part of my Beginner's Mariner's Compass workshop (which I've retired). I pulled pink and more of that heart fabric and finished it off (after Jeannie C. quilted it)

Valentine's Mariner's Compass: 38" x 38"

The next is a quilt top I stitched about 10 years ago from the Coverlets Collection by Windham Fabrics. I decided I had waited long enough. It is a bit more sophisticated and will probably become a lap quilt for a wheelchair bound person. This is my version of Stack 'n Whack, letting the rotary cutter and ruler decide where they should land. I used a 60 degree triangle ruler for this.

Coverlets wheelchair lap quilt: 41" x 52"

The next uses an older novelty collection called Sockey Monkey by Windham Fabrics. I squeezed the life out of the remaining fat quarters I had (and pulled from other collections). The border is the only piece of fabric in my stash that worked (it has a school theme with pencils). This uses a Kaleidoscope ruler and is easy to cut and piece. A long ago workshop (I no longer carry the ruler). You can also find this pattern in my Etsy shop in several other fabric combinations!

Kaleidoscope Quilt: 42" x 42"

The next used up the very last of that cute animal print from 2009 - Baby Safari by Benartex. These were leftovers from my Twisted Hexagon workshop. This is about 34" x 34". Cute, huh?

4 Block Twisted Hexagon quilt: 34" x 34"

I eeked out just enough fabric to make 7 Baby Blocks with y-seams. Beautifully quilted by Karin R. of my local Reston Quilt Guild. I had to add those four 60 degree diamonds in order to get all the blocks in!

Baby Blocks: 36" x 40"

And one more using my current favorite EPP block, the Pentagon Wreath. It is such fun to capture a special motif in the center hexagon. I used up the remaining background prints for this. I am sure some little child will adore these fun Chickadees, don't you?

Festive Chickadees Pentagon Wreaths: 40" x 40"

 Do you think I made a dent in my stash? Not on your life! Back to the sewing machine!

Comments