Fairy Frost, Day 1

I have been a huge fan of Michael Miller's Fairy Frost for many years. It's been around since 2001, in fact! I had a bit here and there and then I was sent a HUGE fat quarter bundle from their warehouse in 2020. What do you think?


What? You can't really see them? Well, here are a few I pulled out for some projects. There's just about any color and hue that you might need. I selected these for my Festival of Lights quilt which I made in 2018. Two blues, a yellow, a gold, a red and the perfect white!


And how do they look? Perfect, I think you'll say! First, the individual paper pieced units. I was also using the Festival of Lights fabric collection.


And here's my quilt. Do you like how I turned one fourth of each block so that it looks like there's a 5th block in the center?

Festival of Lights quilt quilt: 44" x 44"

Here are just the fat quarters:
Fairy Frost fat quarters


And the project I'm currently working on using the delightful Gnome to Fa La prints (in Minky - yikes!) Just a heads up - it's not as scary as I thought! (I'll be sharing this in my Christmas in July posts upcoming.)

Fa La Gnome Minky fabrics playing nicely with Fairy Frost!

And one more Minky/Fairy Frost group. Such fun colors!



I'll be back tomorrow with a few more projects (some in process) to show you how Fairy Frost is the perfect blender! See you then.

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE Fairy Frost fabrics! I'm drooling that they sent you all those fat quarters!! The quilt is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your Gnome Minky project! I've never used Minky and it really does scare me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Gnome Minky projects are done. I discovered there's nothing to be afraid of! These fabrics are not as dense as other brands. I hope you'll give them a chance once you see my steps in July.

      Delete
  2. Fairy Frost is has always been my favorite. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda. Fairy Frost has long been a favorite of mine. They are soft and they sparkle and I even washed some (to go with the Minky) and it comes out just as soft and the sparkle has stayed!

      Delete
  3. I haven’t sewn Minky with regular fabrics. Look forward to seeing Fa La Gnome and your other projects with Fairy Frost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well these fabrics worked together. You'll see in July!

      Delete
  4. Love the Fairy Frost fabrics and your quilt. I have never sewn with minky, but I love the feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fairy Frost!! Wish Michael Miller would send me some. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debby! Oh yes!!! These fabrics are fabulous. I can hardly wait to see what you've come up with. I wish Michael Miller would send me some, also! HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DO like how you turned it! And I like Fairy Frost, too. How much fun is it to have that bundle to work out your ideas??? Lots of fun, I'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com