Shark's Teeth (in fabric!)

I designed this block in 1998 and it was published (as a digital file) in Quilt Magazine. I called it Shark's Teeth (why, I don't know). I've made it in a variety of fabrics (Christmas, novelty, solids). This one uses some Kaffe Fassett fabrics and solid shot cottons.

10" Shark's Teeth block

Here is the digital file from March of 1998. Very colorful!

Shark's Teeth digital file from March 1998
 

Here is one I've made in Christmas fabrics.

10" Shark's Teeth in holly fabric

Browns and golds

Here's the full size quilt top I stitched using the Kaffe Fassett fabrics. There was a LOT of paper piecing going on! There are 16 blocks (each block has 4 units) and I even coordinated the shot cotton backgrounds with the 2 greens and the orange. Don't you just love that outside border/

Shark's Teeth Quilt top: 54" x 54"

I am also selling this quilt TOP. This was not quick piecing by any means, but I certainly enjoyed the process. Do you remember some of the process shots I shared a few years ago? This is how I worked out the background colors to be balanced. I put them on the wall and then rearranged them. This photo is Arrangement #1 (which I didn't like).

Shark's Teeth blocks on design wall

You can find this listing in my Etsy shop. Free postage, too!

Comments