Kimono Week: Day One

I am working with Windham Fabrics' new line called Sashiko and it makes me think of Japanese kimono (I wonder why!).

Sashiko fabrics
I pulled out two of my several kimono patterns and even have pictures of the quilts I made. Here's one from a LONG time ago. It was donated for a fund raiser when my oldest daughter was a student in college. If I can find the digital files, I'll have a pattern ready in my Etsy shop. Notice that border print - it's decorator fabric!

3 Kimono Quilt
I also made a miniature kimono into a postcard! I had some fabric with these sandals printed on it and cut them out. Cute, huh? I must have mailed it to someone, because it's not in my postcard box.

Single kimono with lovely sandal motifs

I showed you my string pieced kimono a few weeks ago. Here is both the front and the back. I have since given it to a friend who lost her job due to this Twilight Zone scenario we are in. This was from a class I taught about 15 years ago.

String pieced kimono: 8" units
 And the back:
Back of string pieced kimono
I think I still have the pattern for this and if I do, I'll share it later this week. Such a fun scrap buster!

I hope you'll join me each day as I share a few more kimono and a few patterns. I know you'll enjoy seeing what I have.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com