Rose Star Week: Day Four

Technically, what I show you today is not a Rose Star, but using the kite parts of a Rose Star block. So, take it for what it is, but I think you'll like it. Let me remind you of the lovely fabric patches before they get stitched together. These patches are from the large Rose Star quilt from Day Two.

Kite shaped fabrics from Grand Illusion (by Windham)

Now, back to the leftovers. First, that's a word that makes my husband nervous. But I'm not talking food here. I'm talking about FABRIC leftovers! Don't you just love these!

I'm only sharing one of the two quilt tops today. This one was made using the leftovers from that Rose Star table topper from Day One. These are mostly Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I call this Stacked Kites. (My Rose Star pattern - both hard copy and digital - has the planning sheet for this).

Stacked Kites using the kite shape: 35" x 45"

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a border. It it's not in my sewing room, I'm not buying it!

Once you make the 3-kite unit, everything else is straight seam sewing. The grey side setting triangles are cut using a 60 degree ruler. Again, NO y-seams when you sew the rows together. That's because the triple kite unit (as shown below) is a simple 60 degree triangle. It's easy to sew these triangles together (one's up, one's down.) Can you see it now?


I'll be back tomorrow (Friday) to share one more Stacked Kites quilt.

Comments