Day 2 of Winter Solstice Week

Winter Solstice is on Monday. I'm so excited! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I really can tell the difference in the days (well; it takes about 2-3 weeks, but you get the picture!)

Here is another quilt that reminds me of Winter and how there is a lot of beauty in it, even if there isn't a lot of sunshine! I shared this several months ago. It uses my Twisted Hexagon pattern. Don't you LOVE these Cardinals?!!

Twisted Hexagons featuring Cardinals

I fussy cut one more cardinal and put it in the center of a double twisted hexagon. I think I've shared this before. I have it displayed in my small dining room. First the block:

Double Twisted Hexagon block

Then I straightened up the sides to make it a rectangle. I could have finished it as a hexagon, but wanted to showcase that lovely green and gold print.

Double Twisted Hexagon Topper

Even though there's snow on the ground, there are birds still out there. I love hearing them tweet and I can imagine them saying: "Hey, humans. It's not so bad out here! Just a few months of Winter and then Spring will be here. Yay!!"

Comments

  1. love the table mats showing off the cardinal....keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the double twisted hexagon. It is beautifully done in your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com