Day 3 of Winter Solstice Week

OK. Just two more days. Today is Saturday and the dark days are coming to a close. Here is my Winter Solstice Quilt from last year. Do you remember it? First a block with little rays of sunshine surrounding an awesome kaleidoscope print by Paula Nadelstern. I pieced this in 2015.

Winter Solstice Block #1

I added some borders last year and quilted it. I love using stripes in borders and bindings.

Winter Solstice Quilt from 2019

I made another block into a quilt. It also uses one of these amazing motifs by Paula. I call this my Double Hexie Star. It's a fun workshop. No y-seams, by the way!

Double Hexie Star

I also made this in other Winter themed fabrics called Nordic Holiday. Same Double Hexie Star.

Double Hexie Star

So, as you can see, my stars are shining bright! Be back tomorrow with more Winter Solstice blocks and quilts! One day closer to more daylight.

Comments

  1. Winter Solstice #1 is beautiful.
    Thank you
    Merry Christmas
    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful. My favorite are the first and third ones. Eye popping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com