Gearing up for Winter Solstice Week

Just a few more days and then we get to swing back and gather a minute of sunshine each day again! I really shouldn't complain because we've had a lot of sunshine so far in December (except for the snow yesterday!)

I made this block 3 years ago. It's based on a design from Katja Marek's Hexagon calendar. But I didn't want to English Paper Piece it. I upsized it and rotary cut the patches. Katja's block is 6" high (sort of). My block is 12" high and was pieced very quickly!

Hexagon block

I added some borders and here she is! I quilted it on my Handi Quilter Sweet 16. So nice to work on something small.

Happy Hexagon Table Topper

Here is the schematic I drew up. All patches can be cut using normal rulers; you don't need a specialty template.


I have a few more happy Christmas themed projects to share. I have them strategically placed around my house to remind me that the dark days will soon be past.

Comments

  1. Hi Debby! Thanks for sharing the schematic for this piece. It makes a fabulous table topper for this time of year or any just by changing up the fabrics. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debby. Your work is so attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com